Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day is fast approaching and it stinks. I know that I'm supposed to be all positive and not be a negative Nelly about it but really it's super annoying to be reminded every year that I'm alone. I know this isn't the worst thing possible in life that could possibly happen but after a while you get a little tired of it. I know I'm single, I know I have absolutely zero love interests right now, I don't need the giant flower and crazy balloon maze that I have to walk through at the grocery store to remind me. I think the thing that worries me the most is that what if this is as good as it gets? I like my life, it's not a bad life but I dont want to spend the rest of my life hugging my pillow in my sleep. That's just a lil sad. I'm sure some people will say oh don't worry you're only 28 and while that is true a small part of me can't help but worry that 28 will turn into 38 and then 48 then 58 then 68 and then 78 and then 88 and Ill be chilling in the retirement home with nobody next to me and no visits from kids and grandkids. That is the part that scares me the most. I also relize that I can have kids without a husband but really I don't want to choose to be a single mom. I know lots of single moms and they are amazing people but I want to be able to share all those things with someone else. I just want someone to hold my hand, that's all. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workout