Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The problem with goals....


is that when you don't reach them then you're all disappointed. So I just have no goals in life therefore I have no disappointments. Okay that's all a lie, of course I have goals and with or without them I definitely have disappointments. It's all those disappointments that teach us so many things and help us navigate life.
Sadly though I didn't reach my previous goal well at least not that next week. Instead of losing .7lbs I gained .4lbs. In retrospect though I had a really tough week that week with all kinds of food activities and although I might not have done as well as I could have I still did better than I would have before. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty mad about it and I really wanted to just say to hell with it all, who cares if I'm fat. But really I care if I'm fat, it's not like I'm doing this for anyone else. So I put on my big girl panties (meaning my older, wiser panties, not actual larger in size) and got back to work.
You know what happened the next week???? I gained again! Just kidding, I mean that could have happened but thank goodness it didn't cause that would have been too rough. I lost 3.8lbs. Then the next week I lost 3 lbs. So I've reached my 5% goal and am down 17 lbs. Weight Watchers online has also yelled at me twice for losing too fast. Yay!!
Now today I'm back to my weigh in day and I'm not feeling particularly confident about my weight loss today but that's okay because even if I'm up or stay the same I can always get back on. That is really what this is all about. Picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back in the game.

1 comment:

Workout