Thursday, September 10, 2009

The exploding meatballs

All of those of you who know me well know that I am not a cook. This is mostly by choice as I figured that I didnt want any guy to marry me just because I'm a good cook, so far the plan is working better than I expected. However, I do have to eat and since I dont live with my parents or my Grama anymore that basically means I have to cook. I'm actually getting better at it, a point which this story will not illustrate. The other day I decided that I would make this meatball bake thingie that I found in my weight watchers recipe book. Now I have made this before and it was successful, even Aerin said it tasted good. So I thought all right I can do this. So I started off and everything was going splendidly. That is until the meatball incident. I had to cook some meatballs in the oven so I put them in a pyrex casserole dish and put them in the oven. When the time was up I pulled them out and set the dish on the burners on the stove. I started scooping the meatballs out onto a plate because I needed to cook more in the dish. That's when it happened, right there mid meatball scoop the entire pyrex glass dish exploded....yeah thats right EXPLODED! I'm amazed that i didnt pee my pants. Glass and meatballs were everywhere, then it occurred to me that I had forgotten to turn the burner off on the stove after I finished cooking the pasta, thus creating the exploding meatball dish. Needless to say the meatballs had to be thrown away, I dont think glass is a good suprise to find in your meatball. I then had to clean all the glass up. I'm really lucky that i didnt get impaled by a flying shard of glass or my eye poked out by a flying meatball. So dear readers, take this to heart and be very careful when you're making meatballs, cause you never know when one might EXPLODE, or at least the dish they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workout