Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Log: Day 1


Today I am counting as the official first day of my summer vacation. I realize I didn't have to work yesterday but very few people did so since it's my blog I get to make the rules. :) I woke up at 7:30 this morning even though I didn't go to sleep until 11:30 last night. My plan is to try and keep on a schedule throughout the summer thus ensuring that I don't sleep the day away or as my Dad says "sleep my life away". But, 7:30 is too early, I was thinkin more like 9:00 so I'll have to work on that.
In preparation for my cruise I had to run errands this morning. First, I went to Target where I stocked up on more travel size bottles to smuggle alcohol onto the cruise with. I also got the new Chelsea Handler book. She's totally my hero, I'll have to do a separate post on her.
After I went to the nail salon and got a pedi and my eyebrows waxed. I have missed pedis so so much. I can't even remember the last time I had one. The best part was when I got my eyebrows waxed and the lady actually complemented me on them. The crowning victory was when she didn't ask me if I wanted to have my lip waxed. That may seem like a small victory but every time I get my eyebrows waxed they ask me about my lip. Now if I thought I was growing a mustache i would totally do it but I don't see it and neither does anyone else. I always leave really self conscious about my upper lip. Some might say "Why don't you just let them wax it?". I have three reasons for this 1. It costs more money 2. The hair will grow back thicker and darker and then I really will have a mustache and the most important reason 3. I DON'T HAVE A MUSTACHE!
Finally, I hit the library for some reading materials on the cruise. I read a lot and pretty quickly so one book will not last me the entire cruise. Then I went to the grocery store because I have absolutely no food. I only bought a few items and it still cost me $40. Good thing I just have to feed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workout