Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh Scale!

I have a complicated relationship with my scale, in fact I dare to say most people have a complicated relationship with their scale. It's a love/hate relationship. I love it when it says there's less of me but I hate it when I say there's more of me. It's not only my personal scale that these emotions relegated to it's my Mom's scale, my Grandma's scale, my friends scales, the scale at the doctor, the gym and the scale I had to step on in Vegas before getting in a helicopter. My own personal scale takes the brunt of this relationship though. In fact, if this were a real relationship I would have dumped my scale by now. We may have gotten back together a few times and tried to make it work but ultimately I would have dropped it's sorry butt! I avoided my scale the week before I left for Vegas and managed to avoid all scales with the exception of the helicopter scale, until this morning. I finally had the courage to step on the scale in my mom's house. I hate that the mere sight of a scale freaks me out but it's a necessary evil for me at least. Although this particular scale is up it wasn't horrible considering I've been on vacation for the past 2.5 weeks. The good thing about putting on my big girl panties and stepping on the scale, I went on a walk directly after and have managed to track all my food so far today. Oh the power of the scale!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You are in that gorgeous city so take advantage of it and walk, run, ride a bike, swim, whatever you can do. Do not let all of your hard work go down the drain. Come back the same, or less, so you can keep this going. 2 months till birthday time!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Workout