Monday, January 24, 2011

In which I am attacked by a super bug!


I had big plans for this Sunday. I was supposed to go to the grocery store, target, the teacher store, home depot to get some plants for school this week, cook meals for the week, clean my apt. and get a lot of school stuff done. What I ended up doing was sleeping in my bed all day, with intermittent trips to the bathroom. I apparently contracted the lovely stomach bug that has been going around. This is probably the biggest down side of being a teacher: the germs. Usually my immune system does a pretty good job and I don't hardly ever get sick but this was not the case this time. Although I think I was exposed to it on a couple of different fronts so who can really blame my white blood cells. While I was in bed wallowing in stomach pain I did keep willing my white blood cells to fight harder, apparently they didn't listen so well. Today I stayed home from work as I still don't feel quite right and I don't want to give my germs to the kids who in turn would probably just return them to me. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much healthier day.

1 comment:

  1. It's likely norovirus and I think you can be contagious for up to 3 days after you start to feel better. Nice, right???

    ReplyDelete

Workout